A 2-day workshop designed to provide clinical training
Leading to Certification in Sensory Integration
Help With Shopping
Help with Products
625 Alaska Avenue
Torrance, CA 90503-5124
%%Senior Graphic Designer%% %%JobID%% %%Full-Time%% %%Torrance, CA%% %%mailto:email@example.com%%
Are you an experienced Graphic Designer looking for new challenges and a chance to work for a growing organization with an inspiring mission?
WPS is a family-owned publisher of educational and psychological tests based in Torrance, California. Our products are used by school psychologists, occupational therapists, and speech pathologists to help struggling children and their families find the path to success. Our company embraces a progressive culture that encourages high achievement through collaboration, continuous growth and learning, and supportive workplace relationships.
Act as the leading visual design voice within the company, for both product development and marketing materials. Decide how to integrate the WPS Brand Style guide into all deliverables produced by the art department. Determine how to modify and improve the brand “look and feel” over time. Supervise and oversee the work of other WPS designers and freelancers, ensuring that their work meets WPS design standards. Design and prepare artwork and other promotional materials for organization using graphic design skills and Adobe Creative Suite. Has great understanding of graphic design, print production, typography and layout expertise, great composition skills and passionate about design and the design process. Is a great collaborator and team player and likes to contribute to the team environment and its culture. Understands WPS core values, what they mean and applies those to their interactions with WPS employees as well as to their own work experience. Has good presentation skills and able to walk our clients (WPS department employees) through the concept and rationale regarding the project being presented. Give accurate and timely updates to Production Manager and makes accurate updates on Sharepoint regularly. Sets proper durations when asked how long a job will take to finish and keeps within those set durations to finish the project on time. Allows enough time to finish the job with accuracy and is able to ask for help or update traffic coordinator of any issues relating to any possible delays.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Design/produce printed and PDF formats of materials such as manuals, easels, forms and create online platform deliverables such as response sheets, report templates and online user guides as well as banner ads, and other print and online promotional materials.
· Supervises, corrects and approves work of all designers.
· Designs templates for all WPS products and marketing materials.
· Sets up file grid and layout and design look and feel (choosing color palette, photography, layout style, fonts, composition, creating required graphics, illustrations and or chart). May also delegate this work if needed.
· Completes or delegates (especially later runs) all production work with each project including importing copy, creating tables, figures, etc.
· Check each job for accuracy of (or delegates checking process): sizes, number of colors and for any layout or copy revisions.
· Sets up meeting invites with project owners to discuss or review project.
· Presents work to team or to project owner for review
· Works with editors relating to job specific design/editorial tasks
· Continues on the job training to further grow their skills and expertise that apply directly to their daily workload
· Updates traffic coordinator and Sharepoint on job status and attends department/project update meetings.
1. Assure that WPS design standards are consistently represented in all published products and marketing materials.
2. Complete project tasks on time and set accurate durations for project tasks.
3. Accurately record time spent per project in ADP.
4. Maintain and add to comprehensive knowledge of standards, methods and practices of design, layout and composition of printed material through continual research and practice.
5. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of typography, weights and paper stock and understanding of printing pre-production to ensure correct products used for best results and minimal wastage.
Experience Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
(1) A college degree, BA in Graphic Design or (2) multi-disciplinary skills acquired through extensive on-the-job training or apprenticeship programs or (3) in-depth industry and job specific technical skills acquired through a combination of formal instruction and on-the-job training.
Work normally involves contacts with other designers and editors within the art department but also includes interactions with persons across multiple departments generally regarding existing projects which may require some discussion, meetings and brainstorm sessions.
%%Warehouse Clerk%% %%JobID%% %%Full-Time%% %%Torrance, CA%% %%mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org%%
Are you a Warehouse Clerk who wants a fun environment and the stability of an established company?
Western Psychological Services (WPS) offers the excitement, opportunity, energy, agility, and collaborative spirit of a startup within a stable, family-owned company that’s been around (and thriving) for over 67 years. We publish educational and psychological assessments that allow helping professionals to accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need.
As Warehouse clerk, you will be responsible for assembling orders and having them prepped for shipment to our customers around the globe. Reporting directly to the Fulfillment manager, you will use your skills, energy, and positive attitude to deliver exceptional service to our customers.
· Assemble customer orders from base stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to holding area or shipping department.
· Sort and place materials or items on racks or shelves or in bins according to size, type, style, and color or product code.
· Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or other designated areas.
· Mark materials appropriately with identifying information.
· Ensure that the Fulfillment department is accessible and safe for salespeople and employees.
· Sweep, dust, and organize warehouse and work area.
· Use sit-down and stand-up forklifts.
· Use computer system to record quantities of materials or items received or distributed.
· Assist with shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, and matching purchase orders to sales orders.
· Prepare parcels for mailing.
Skills and Requirements needed:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
· Highly organized, demonstrating attention to details.
· Aptitude for mathematics
· Ability to prioritize and manage time
· Ability to work quickly with thoroughness and efficiency
· High school degree or equivalent
This is a warehouse position with some outdoor exposure during the workday. The Fulfillment Clerk uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets, and warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, tape dispensers, scissor lifts, and forklifts.
The employee in this role is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to use arms and hands to reach; and to speak or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects weighing between 10 and 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee in this role. Activities, duties, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full-time position in L.A.’s breezy South Bay, and local candidates are preferred. WPS offers a competitive salary (DOE) and benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k), and retirement plan. We work hard and take care of business, while mindful of the value of work–life balance. Our culture encourages optimism, collaboration, and growth, as well as “building relationships that last.” We’re looking to build such a relationship with the right individual. If that might be you, don’t delay in forwarding your résumé to email@example.com.
An independent, family-run business since 1948, WPS publishes psychological and educational assessments that practitioners trust. Our products, which include the world’s leading test for autism, allow helping professionals to more accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need.
WPS is an equal-opportunity employer.
%%Product Support Specialist – R&D%% %%JobID%% %%Full-Time%% %%Torrance, CA%% %%mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org%%
The Product Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to communicate accurate, detailed product information to WPS customers and staff on behalf of WPS Research and Development (R&D). This requires the ability to learn complex information about a wide range of products and synthesize the information into an accessible format. The successful candidate will have a strong appreciation for clinical assessment, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of interpersonal warmth, and a desire to learn and grow with the company.
· Serve as first point of contact for all customer inquiries that get referred to R&D from Customer Service
· Help train WPS staff on assessment products in order to improve product knowledge (e.g., training of customer service representatives on basic product components)
· Complete various product management tasks, such as documentation of product features/requirements, creation of content for product trainings, and guiding products through parts of the production process.
· Assist R&D professional staff with a variety of other tasks depending on current needs and interests.
· Master’s level assessment professional
· Area of specialization open (e.g., school psychologist, speech-language pathologist or equivalent)
· Knowledge of assessment practices and theory, including a general understanding of test administration, interpretation, and psychometrics
· Experience with conducting comprehensive assessments (may be during graduate training)
· Exceptional ability to learn and communicate complex product information in verbal and written format, in a manner that can be readily understood by individuals from diverse backgrounds (ranging from assessment professionals to IT staff to customer service representatives)
· Interpersonal style that is warm, professional, confident, easy-going, and positive
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
· Excellent skills with organization, prioritization, attention to detail, collaboration, and multi-tasking
· Familiarity with WPS-published assessment measures (e.g., ADOS-2, CASL-2, ABAS-3) is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position in L.A.’s breezy South Bay, and local candidates are preferred. WPS offers a competitive salary (DOE) and benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k), and retirement plan. We work hard and take care of business, while mindful of the value of work–life balance. Our culture encourages optimism, collaboration, and growth, as well as “building relationships that last.” We’re looking to build such a relationship with the right individual.
Copyright © 2017 WPS, All Rights Reserved