A 2-day workshop designed to provide clinical training
Leading to Certification in Sensory Integration
Help With Shopping
Help with Products
625 Alaska Avenue
Torrance, CA 90503-5124
%%Product Support Specialist – R&D%% %%JobID%% %%Full-Time%% %%Torrance, CA%% %%mailto:email@example.com%%
Western Psychological Services (WPS) offers the excitement, opportunity, energy, agility, and collaborative spirit of a startup within a stable, family-owned company that’s been around (and thriving) for over 67 years. We publish educational and psychological assessments that allow helping professionals to accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need.
The Product Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to communicate accurate, detailed product information to WPS customers and staff on behalf of WPS Research and Development (R&D). This requires the ability to learn complex information about a wide range of products and synthesize the information into an accessible format. The successful candidate will have a strong appreciation for clinical assessment, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of interpersonal warmth, and a desire to learn and grow with the company.
· Serve as first point of contact for all customer inquiries that get referred to R&D from Customer Service
· Help train WPS staff on assessment products in order to improve product knowledge (e.g., training of customer service representatives on basic product components)
· Complete various product management tasks, such as documentation of product features/requirements, creation of content for product trainings, and guiding products through parts of the production process.
· Assist R&D professional staff with a variety of other tasks depending on current needs and interests.
· Master’s level assessment professional
· Area of specialization open (e.g., school psychologist, speech-language pathologist or equivalent)
· Knowledge of assessment practices and theory, including a general understanding of test administration, interpretation, and psychometrics
· Experience with conducting comprehensive assessments (may be during graduate training)
· Exceptional ability to learn and communicate complex product information in verbal and written format, in a manner that can be readily understood by individuals from diverse backgrounds (ranging from assessment professionals to IT staff to customer service representatives)
· Interpersonal style that is warm, professional, confident, easy-going, and positive
· Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
· Excellent skills with organization, prioritization, attention to detail, collaboration, and multi-tasking
· Familiarity with WPS-published assessment measures (e.g., ADOS-2, CASL-2, ABAS-3) is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This is a full-time position in L.A.’s breezy South Bay, and local candidates are preferred. WPS offers a competitive salary (DOE) and benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k), and retirement plan. We work hard and take care of business, while mindful of the value of work–life balance. Our culture encourages optimism, collaboration, and growth, as well as “building relationships that last.” We’re looking to build such a relationship with the right individual.
An independent, family-run business since 1948, WPS publishes psychological and educational assessments that practitioners trust. Our products, which include the world’s leading test for autism, allow helping professionals to more accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need.
WPS is an equal-opportunity employer.
Copyright © 2017 WPS, All Rights Reserved