About This Product
The SEE includes five subtests for assessing social language:
- Recalling Facial Expressions: The student looks at a picture of a facial expression and then identifies the same expression from a choice of four pictures.
- Identifying Common Emotions: The student identifies an emotion from a choice of four pictures.
- Recognizing Emotional Reactions: The student matches a picture of an emotion to a picture that elicits that emotion from a choice of four pictures.
- Understanding Social Gaffes: The student looks at a picture of a social situation and listens to an accompanying audio clip, then identifies whether everyone in the situation behaved appropriately.
- Understanding Conflicting Messages: The student looks at a picture and listens to the accompanying audio clip. He/she determines whether the situation contains a conflicting message, and if so, identifies the true meaning of the message. The conflicting messages include humor, sarcasm, and lies.