About This Product
The BELT-3 has two subtests that cover a variety of linguistic areas: Lexical Semantics (e.g.,nouns, verbs, categories, functions, prepositions) and Morphology and Syntax (e.g., verb usage/tense, auxiliaries, modals, copulas, comparatives/superlatives, negation, questions). The BELT-3 can be used to identify young children who have expressive language impairments, to plan interventions, and to represent expressive language ability in research studies.
- An all-new standardization sample (2014 to 2016) was collected
- The picture book illustrations have been enhanced and colorized to make them more appealing to young children
- Administration time has been reduced by the addition of ceiling rules in many of the test sections
- The Lexical Semantics subtest has been expanded to include the naming of adjectives and synonyms, as well as more difficult items, to span a wider developmental range
- The Morphology and Syntax subtest has been expanded to include phrase expansions, simple declarative sentence forms, and compound and complex sentences to capture a wider range of grammatical structures
- All-new item analysis and item bias studies provide evidence of content-description validity
- Enhanced reliability and validity studies were prepared, including diagnostic accuracy analyses, which are considered the most rigorous techniques for establishing a test’s validity.