(CREVT-3) Comprehensive Receptive and Expressive Vocabulary Test, Third Edition
(CREVT-3) Measure Expressive and Receptive Vocabulary | WPS Publish
About This Product
BY GERALD WALLACE AND DONALD D. HAMMILL
The updated CREVT-3 measures receptive and expressive oral vocabulary in both adults and children. Its two alternate forms are both composed of two subtests:
- Receptive Vocabulary includes 10 plates, each showing six color photographs relating to a particular theme (e.g., animals or food). The examiner reads five to eight words aloud. After each word, the examinee chooses one of the six photos that goes with the stimulus word. The photographic plates are printed on heavy, varnished stock and presented in a durable and convenient spiral-bound album.
- Expressive Vocabulary includes 29 words related to the themes used in the Receptive Vocabulary subtest. The examiner asks the individual to define these words, one at a time. Because it requires the examinee to talk in detail about each stimulus word, this subtest is an ideal way to measure expressive ability. Basals and ceilings ensure that it can be administered quickly.
All words used in the subtests represent familiar, everyday objects or concepts. The third edition replaces outdated photos with more contemporary images. In addition, test items have no gender, racial, ethnic, or linguistic bias.
Quickly administered and easily scored, the CREVT-3 can pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in oral vocabulary and document progress over the course of instructional intervention.
New in the CREVT-3
- Current norms
- Updated stimulus photos
- Pronunciation guide for administering both subtests
- Additional studies showing absence of gender and ethnic bias
- Expanded evidence of validity, including sensitivity and specificity