(ELT-2:NU)Expressive Language Test-Second Edition:Normative Update
(ELT-2:NU) Expressive Language Test-Second Edition: Normative Update
About This Product
The ELT-2: NU is unique in that the language skills tested are those commonly identified by researchers, teachers, and clinicians as the most predictive of classroom learning difficulty.
The test has four subtests (Sequencing, Metalinguistics, Morphology/Syntax, and Defining Categories). Its results can help identify those children with true expressive language disorders and reduce the chance of over-identification.
- Characteristics of the normative sample were stratified by age relative to region, gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic factors.
- Each item on the test was evaluated using both conventional item analysis to choose good items and differential analyses to find and eliminate potentially biased items.
- The subtests and composite score were thoroughly examined for floor and ceiling effects.
- The test was subjected to diagnostic accuracy analyses, particularly rigorous techniques involving the computation of the receiver operating characteristic/area under the curve (ROC/AUC) statistic.
- The Examiner’s Manual was reorganized and rewritten to provide more detailed information on the administration, interpretation, and statistical characteristics of the test.