(Griffiths III) Griffiths Scales of Child Development, 3rd Edition
About This Product
WPS is the exclusive U.S. distributor of the Griffiths III, the latest version of the Griffiths Scales of Child Development. This revised edition is the product of a thorough restandardization of the Griffiths Mental Development Scales (GMDS)—described as the ‘gold standard’ in child development testing. It is a comprehensive, child-friendly developmental measure for continuous use from birth to 6 years of age. The standardization was conducted by the Association for Research in Infant and Child Development (ARICD) and completed in 2015.
Griffiths III provides an overall measure of a child’s development, as well as an individual profile of strengths and needs across five areas:
- Foundations of Learning:Assesses critical aspects of learning during the early childhood years
- Language and Communication:Measures overall language development, including expressive language, receptive language, and use of language to communicate socially with others
- Eye and Hand Coordination:Considers fine motor skills, manual dexterity, and visual perception skills
- Personal-Social-Emotional:Measures constructs relating to the child’s developing sense of self and growing independence, interactions with others, and many aspects of emotional development
- Gross Motor:Assesses postural control, balance, and gross body coordination, among other abilities
What’s new in Griffiths III
Griffiths III has taken the best of the previous editions and built upon it to become a new and substantially improved kit. More than 80% of Griffiths III has been redesigned to make a modern assessment in line with the latest developmental, pediatric, psychological, and neurological research. Clinician feedback has also been taken into account, and the administration sequence has been streamlined to be practical for users. All equipment can be easily cleaned, is child-friendly, and has been designed to keep small children engaged and at ease, such as the Quiet Book, which is made from colorful fabric and other tactile materials children enjoy.
As the exclusive U.S. distributor of the Griffiths III, WPS includes training as part of the kit in the form of access to the e-Module: Griffiths III Part I for New Users. Part II is not required but is highly recommended. Additional trainings may also be purchased.
Griffiths III can be used by psychologists, pediatricians, and other allied health professionals for a variety of purposes in a range of applied settings. Assessing a child’s developmental profile and level helps to identify if a child is developing typically for their age or whether difficulties in specific areas could be linked to a specific developmental or learning disorder. Griffiths III can assist in tracking and monitoring development over time, and planning for and measuring the impact of interventions.
*Each kit comes with a free e-learning session for one user (no time limit) and access to the ARICD websitefor resources. The e-learning session must be completed before the Griffiths III can be administered clinically.