About This Product
Designed to screen for depression in children, the RCDS-2 retains the 30 items used in the original measure but presents updated normative data. Children are asked to answer questions about how they have been feeling during the past 2 weeks. All items are worded in the present tense to elicit current symptoms status.
Updated normative metrics and an expanded age range improve utility
- Now appropriate for children ages 7-13 years.
- No scoring key is needed—the RCDS-2 form is presented in a convenient carbonless form. All scoring and administration information is presented in the brightly colored Test Booklet.
- A new standardization sample of students drawn from 11 states is stratified to closely match U.S. Census data for gender and ethnic background. T scores and percentile ranges are provided for the total standardization sample, by gender, by grade, and by gender for each grade.
- Maps onto the symptoms of depressive disorders outlined in the DSM-IV™.
- Critical items are clearly marked on the scoring sheet, alerting you that your client may need immediate attention.
- All items are presented in a 4- or 5-point rating scale format, making them easy for children to answer.
- A clinical cutoff score helps you to determine whether a child should be referred for further assistance.
Short form is ideal when time is limited or for group screening
- The RCDS-2:SF includes 11 of the 30 RCDS-2 items but features many of the critical items from the full version.
- The short form can be administered in just 2 to 3 minutes and can help you determine whether your client should be administered the full RCDS-2.