About This Product
The Test of Silent Word Reading Fluency, Second Edition (TOSWRF-2) provides a reliable and valid measure of students’ ability to recognize printed words accurately and efficiently (i.e., word identification, word meaning, word building, sentence structure, comprehension, and fluency).
- New normative data were collected between 2009 and 2012.
- Co-normed with the TOSCRF-2 and TWS-5
- Normative information was extended downward to include ages 6 years, 3 months and upward to include ages 18 through 24 years, 11 months
- Alternate forms were increased from two to four
- An all-new, one-minute practice form was added to each TOSWRF-2 form
- Administration instructions were updated to expand the use of TOSWRF-2, particularly with deaf and hard of hearing students
- A Supplemental Administration and Scoring Instruction booklet is now included for greater convenience in school-wide universal screening applications
- Scoring keys were revised
- Practice effects have been addressed
- Evidence for validity has been expanded to include studies by independent researchers as well as by the test authors
It can be used by classroom teachers, special education teachers, reading specialists, school psychologists, or any other education professional who has some training in standardized test administration.